If you’re on your way out of the country, I’d love to help you get the health information you need before you go. I’m a world-traveling physician with experience on four continents swimming with sharks, hiking jungles, dodging through underground urban tunnels, and generally getting messy, so as a member of the Wilderness Medicine Society and Fellowship of Advanced Wilderness Medicine recipient, I’m passionate about healthy travel! I have personal experience treating patients in tropical and desert climates, and I’ve earned the Advanced Wilderness Life Support/AdventureMed certificate courses on travel diseases and immunizations.
Over telehealth I can order you the labs and meds you need and recommend vaccines (and where to get them). I can also provide on-going telehealth support to you during and after your trip! I offer telehealth travel medicine support for travelers from Virginia, Texas, Guam, and areas where a Texas or Virginia license are accepted.
Limited free consultations available for aid workers; others are $25 per person.
Your $25 telehealth consultation includes:
- 30 minute telehealth conversation to answer your questions
- Evaluation of your current health issues and records, if available, for travel
- Written document with what to avoid/health concerns for your specific area
- Orders for any needed labs
- Orders for any needed medications
- Orders/list for any needed vaccinations, and where to get them
- Instructions for getting in touch during your trip
While I can only do individualized telehealth for folks from the US (TX, VA), I can do general GROUP health education talks for your whole mission team no matter where you’re from! If you need that, hit me up at jen (at) byjenfinelli.com with the subject line GROUP TRAVEL, and let me know where you’re going and where you’re going from. I’d be glad to give you your health debriefing.